|Title of the article
DEVELOPMENT OF THE RUSSIAN ECONOMY TAKING
INTO ACCOUNT RECENTLY ANNEXED TERRITORIES
Tupchienko Vitaliy Alekseevich, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, sub-department of makroeconomic
regulation, Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (49 Leningradsky avenue, Moscow, Russia); sub-department of business project management, National Nuclear Research University MEPhI
(31 Kashirskoe highway, Moscow, Russia), alfa.omega.VA@mail.ru
Background. As a result of the referendum which took place in the Crimea in March, 2014, the people of the peninsula chose, whether there the Crimea will be a completely autonomous republic as a part of Ukraine or a part of the Russian Federation as a subject of the federation. 96,77 % of Crimeans and 95,6 % of Sevastopol residents voted for the reunion of the Crimea with Russia. On March 21 the Federation Council accepted, and the President of Russia signed the law on admission of the Crimea and Sevastopol in the structure of Russia. So how will the economic capacity of the Russian Federation change taking into account the recently annexed territories? The work purpose is togive a short analysis of economic trends in the Russian Federation taking into account the new territories.
Materials and methods. Realization of the research tasks was achieved on the basis of the analysis of the presented versions of the forecast of social and economic development of the Russian Federation taking into account a hypothesis of external and internal factors change. Thus, the author considered the dynamics of prices of oil and other goods of the Russian export, the remaining geopolitical tension due to the economic sanctions concerning Russia.
Results. The research has established that the reunion of Russia with the Crimea has already rendered and will further have a huge positive impact on the economic capacity of Russia, nevertheless, there is a set of the social, economic and other problems demanding the fastest decision. The region was underfunded within 20 years, and it will take many means and much time to raise the standard of living of the population of the recently annexed territories.
Conclusions. According to the content of the article one may conclude that the annexation of the Crimea and the city of Sevastopol will affect the Russian economy only positively. But at the early stages the peninsula will demand large investment injections and efforts on integration thereof into the economy of the Russian Federation. However, it is quite a repaying region, and this measure after the jump of the state expenditures can add to GDP growth up to 0,2 %.
Crimea peninsula, socioeconomic development of Russia
|| Download PDF
1. Prognoz sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii na 2015 god (Minekonomrazvitiya Rossii, yanvar', 2015 g.) [Forecast of socioeconomic development of the Russian Federation in 2015 (the Ministry of economic development of Russia, January 2015)].
2. Plyusy i minusy ot prisoedineniya Kryma dlya Rossii [Advantages and disadvantages of Crimea annexation to Russia]. Available at: http://www.moe-online.ru/news/view/285731.html.
3. Ekonomicheskie posledstviya ukrainskogo konflikta [Economic consequences of the Ukrainian conflict]. EkspertONLINE. Available at: http://expert.ru/2014/03/14/ekonomicheskie-posledstviya-ukrainskogokonflikta/.
4. Kak rossiysko-ukrainskiy krizis otrazilsya na ekonomike Rossii? [How has the Russian-Ukrainian crisis affected the Russian economy?] Available at: http://www.investmentrussia.ru/finansovie-novosti/ukrainskiy-krizis-iekonomika-rossii-09-14.html (accessed 15 September 2014).
5. Plan realizatsii v 2015–2016 godakh Strategii innovatsionnogo razvitiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2020 goda [2015–2016 Plan of realization of the Strategy of innovative development of Russia for the period up to 2020]. Available at: http://government.ru.
Дата создания: 10.10.2015 14:00
Дата обновления: 12.10.2015 08:21